Monday, April 18, 2011

I am going crazy!

It's a complete miracle!!!!!! Joshua slept through the night two nights in a row and only woke up once last night.  I finally slept through the night, which I haven't done in over 2 YEARS! Well, I guess it could be worse ;)

Anyways, I don't know what to do with myself.  My body does not know how to NOT be sleep deprived.  I have been so used to it that I actually felt kinda yucky and lazy after sleeping through the night (though I'm sure I could adjust back to non interrupted sleep quite nicely).

Yes, my son is 9 months old and is just starting this but I was prepared for worse. Anna did not sleep through the night until 15 months and she was up between 3-6 times a night usually.  Now I am not expecting every night to be perfect but yes, I have two children almost sleeping through the night. 

Bring on the next one :)

Here is my sweet guy:

  This is during his first haircut and the tooth brush kept him still the WHOLE time.

For those who are looking for answers to get their babies to sleep through the night, my answer is that THERE ISN'T ONE.  I know, it's sad but I have read a billion books and tried advice from a million people and nothing worked for my kids.  They just had to grow out of it. 

I know that this has been one of my little trials so that I can learn patience.  I have learned to give my selfish desires to the Lord and put my whole heart into serving and sacrificing for someone else.  What a great blessing this has been!  Now you really know I'm crazy lol. 

I know I have a long ways to go so who knows how many more sleepless babies I will be blessed with, but I always know that my Savior is there to help me with any trial or struggle in my life to help me learn and grow from it.

1 comment:

  1. haha don't worry. I think all mothers are crazy ;)I'm sometimes one of the craziest! When Finn started sleeping through the night at 7 months, I MISSED him. I couldn't fall asleep. For the entire first week I just stared at the dark ceiling thinking about him and wanting to cuddle. Hahaha..I think there will come a time though when we will be doing this (staying up with babies) for at least half our lives and we will be so used to it that it will be one of the greatest things we miss about motherhood.

    ReplyDelete