Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I know this is a day late but I was having too much fun with my kiddos this weekend!

I love Mother's Day because I am so grateful for what my mother did to raise me and many other mothers and women who influenced me for the better.

But most of all this Mother's Day I really reflected upon how much I love being a mother.  I believe we must first decide that we want to love being a mother.

There is nothing more I would rather do with my life than to sacrifice myself for someone else, especially my sweet little kids that Heavenly Father has trusted me with.

I am grateful for what they teach me.  I have realized lately that sometimes I get too caught up in getting things done that I forget my main goal everyday is to teach, train and nurture my children. 

I have to often remind myself that NEVER is EVERYTHING going to be done.  I need to just stop what I am doing sometimes and read that book to my children or build a Lego tower with them.  When my child is talking to me I need to stop what I am doing and really listen.

Here are my greatest blessings!!

 Anna and I before church when she was 3 weeks old... the memories!
This is in the hospital after Joshua was born.  It seems so long ago, even though it's only been 10 months.


 Pictures of my babies in the hospital right after they were born.  I bet you can guess who is who.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment