Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Garage Sale Season Has Begun

Saturday was my first day of garage sales for the season.  For those who don't know I am a CRAZY garage saler.  I look forward to it and count down all winter long. 

Here is what I got.  All for $28


bookshelf, office chair, thread holder, candle, books, 6 shirts, 1 pair shoes, bath toys, plastic rocking horse, 10 yards of material, rags, baby doll, and a ball.

*the things in bold are ones that were specifically on my list. 

I'd say first day was a success!

I usually don't spend that much every week but I have been wanting a book shelf for months! So I am very excited.  Without the book shelf I would have spent $12. 

A Few Garage Sale Tips:

1. Don't be afraid to bargain! I offered about 1/2 price and got it with everything but the book shelf.  The book shelf was already such a great deal I just went for it otherwise I knew the next customer would have it.  So don't be too greedy if it's a larger item that's already a great deal.  Most people just want the stuff out of their house.

2. Make a list of what you are looking for so that you don't just end up buying random things you don't need.  I almost always buy more than is on my list but I keep it to a minimum and only buy things I would use.

3. Again, don't buy junk! Just because it's a good deal doesn't mean you have to get it.

4.  Look for neighborhood sales and get there early.  I spent all morning Saturday in one neighborhood.  I got there 10 minutes late and it took me almost 15 minutes to find a parking spot!

5. Find ads for sales on Craigslist and local newspaper.  You can also just follow signs around town.  

Buying used saves more money than anything you can do (I mean thousands of dollars if you compare!).  Good luck and I hope you find some awesome bargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment