Thursday, May 5, 2011

Homemade Baby Wipes

I make my own baby wipes, which saves a lot of money.  I spend about $0.75 per pack verses $2.50 in the store.  Plus if I run out I can take about 2 minutes to make another pack instead of running to the store. I only go through about one pack a week since I only have one in diapers now, aahhh... the luxury.

You need to first purchase a tubberware container that will fit a half roll of paper towels.

Then you cut the roll in half (or have your husband do it if your wimpy like me).
Bounty brand works best.  Then take out the tube.


Next you measure 2 1/2 cups of hot water.  Add 2 Tablespoons of generic baby bath (generic helps keep mold from growing and it's cheaper) and 2 Tablespoons of vegetable or baby oil.


Mix together and pour over a half roll in the container. 



Put the lid on and turn upside down for about 5 minutes and there you have it, homemade baby wipes!

You can just reach into the middle of the roll where the tube used to be for the first wipe and they will dispense just like regular wipes.

They are a bit thinner than some you buy in the store, but work great! Plus I have often thought some from the store were too thick and a bit of a waste.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool idea, I'll have to try this out and see how they hold up... You are such a sweet girl, and a great mom.

    ReplyDelete