Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Modesty and Femininity

Lydia at Home Living writes  a beautiful post that helps us remember why dressing modestly is so important. 

I LOVE DRESSES! When I was younger I used to wish I could live in the "olden days" so that I could wear big pretty dresses every day.  My wedding was a dream come true with that big beautiful gown and I didn't want to take it off!

In school I would wear skirts or dresses occasionally but I got tired of every person I saw asking me why I was dressed up that day. 

After I "grew up" I realized peer pressure did not effect me so much anymore, so now when I feel like wearing a skirt or a dress I do it!

Just as Lydia in the post mentioned I am not an only dress person.  I believe in modesty and looking appropriate no matter what is worn.  Going to BYU-Idaho there was a dress code.  We could not wear overalls, shorts, flip flops etc.  on campus.  I loved this because it taught me that we need to look the part.  We should not go to our job in sweats and big t-shirts.  Just like we wear our Sunday dress for church and worship we should look nice and presentable for the job we are doing.

I know that when I get up every morning and spend about 15 minutes putting on some makeup and clothes and fixing my hair I feel better and do my job as a mother better throughout the day.

 Elder Bednar said... 

The Church’s temples are recognized throughout the world for their beauty. The buildings are made of the finest materials and constructed with true craftsmanship.
We must be thoughtful and careful about how we dress and what we put on our personal temples. Like it or not, other people make judgments about the restored gospel by what they see us in.

I know my body is a temple and I strive every day to dress it in a way that I can be a true example and follower of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment